pühapäev, 5. august 2018

Love strangers

My work as a care assistant for the elderly is the best and also most painful thing you can do as a human. Every day I see how age and diseases have taken peoples life away. And also, with my work I have gained more love then I have ever thought possible. I go to different care homes every day. Everything is different, everyone is different. Still one thing seems to be the same. Their love and appreciation is something amazing. Rarely do I have a shift when I don't hug amazing people.



Often I cry. I cry with them, because they are upset. Either because they can't walk or that they are forgetful and confused. When they cry, I cry.


Often I laugh. Sometimes I laugh so hard that it is difficult for me to stand up. I laugh so hard that I need to sit on the floor next to them. And sometimes I have no idea what the joke actually was. When they laugh, I laugh.

But the thing is. How ever ill, sad or confused an old person is. They have the biggest ability. They know who cares. They might not know where they are, how old they are, or what has happened to them. But they can feel the energy. They know that I love them. I love strangers. I choose to love strangers and when they love me back, it is the biggest gift and they give me more than I could ever give them.

And also it is the most painful job you could do as a person who loves strangers. They are old. They are ill. And they die. When I worked in a nursing home as a permanent staff, I lost a lot of residents. I lost over 10 people who I loved. In mere half a year. I can just hope that their last days were better because I was therelove 

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar